Friday, April 25, 2008

Mysore Diaries Part -II

A few more funny incidents that happened during my training

Scene 3: At the lift in the Training Block

Our training room was in the second floor directly below the HR zone in floor 3. We were in the lift and suddenly the power went off. Now one of my friends wanted to emulate a superman. With hands spread wide and fingers in the middle of the lift door, he acted as if he tried with all his might to tear the door open. Now the power comes up and the door opens and no prizes for guessing who was standing there. It was the very same HR. Wow! Now it was our time to throw up sounds of laughter though it wasn’t as loud as we it was on the first day. End result – The HR asked me and my friend to come to her cube again. I understood that first impression is a lasting impression only on that day.

Scene 4:

We were required to sign a bond for a year and the agreement was provided to us. We were required to put the guarantor’s name there in the agreement. My love for my mom prevailed here. I put her name as the guarantor and filled in the agreement and sent it back home for getting it signed by her. Finally I got the agreement signed and submitted it to the HR.
I was summoned by the HR again the next day.
“Why did you put your mother’s name as Guarantor?” she asked me.

“Just felt like doing so” I replied honestly.

“You should be doing that only if you do not have a father. Now this agreement becomes invalid and we need to prepare a new one for you” she told me.

Not again! I didn’t know what to ask next.

“I am sorry ma’am. What are the implications?” I asked her

“It will take some time to get a new agreement in place for you. Submission of signed agreements is a must for receiving your first month’s salary. So you would not be receiving your salary this month” she replied back.

“Wonderful! It can’t get any better. Losing my first month’s salary” I muttered to myself.

“What were you muttering” she asked me?

“Don’t worry! You’ll be getting your first month’s salary along with your next month’s salary” she told me as if reading my thoughts.

“Oh. Ok ma’am thanks!” I told and left the place.

My friends were waiting for me outside the training room. I told them the mess I had made and bang came a chorus response “Treatttttt!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey treat for me too...
lovely again..i am rolling with laughter...
it is funny !
and somehow i am getting to like your HR a lot and not to forget your gang of friends..:)

lefty84 said...

Sure u'll get a treat! You are welcome to join my gang :-)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
 
Creative Commons License
Srini Speaks by Srinivasan R is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.