Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Year of togetherness

It seems as if we met only yesterday!
One year has surpassed in a hurry.
I can still remember the first meet! The first word!
It was so wonderful! The scene is firmly etched in my memory.

Where were you all these 23 years? Why was I oblivious to your existence?
What made me look for you suddenly? Was it a right decision that I took?
1000 questions arose in my mind as I rode my bike to meet you this day last year.
I am still not sure if I’ve found answers to all my questions. But, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your company and cherished your presence.

It’s an absolutely wonderful feeling -To have you sitting in my lap with your head rested in my chest and your whole body cuddled upon me. Those giggling sounds that you make as I tickle you and those half yawning sounds that you produce as I gently stoke you keep reverberating in my ears.

It took me a long time to understand you and what makes you feel at ease. I still can’t say that I’ve understood you completely. I am trying though, earnestly to know you better and to make you my lifetime companion.

Our relationship may have progressed only at a snail’s pace in this period. But it was largely due to me and you had no part in it. I’ve been guilty of not spending enough time with you. Not lending my ears to listen to you. But you’ve been through with me at all times. You’ve understood that I am trying hard to be with you and this has been the undercurrent of our relationship.

As a year has gone by, I take my time out to tell you that you’re my first love!

My sweet violin I love you!

P.S – This post is dedicated to my friend Bharath Harish who has been an inspiration for me to learn this musical instrument.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowww!!

dont blame me but I was expecting a girl somewhere in the post ;)

he he he
but this was better
and wat a pleasant surprise
you have written it so well, must say it is a masterpiece...especially the part
where you mention---
It’s an absolutely wonderful feeling -To have you sitting in my lap ...and so on

loved it absolutely mindblowing..:)

lefty84 said...

@ girl next door: Gud. So got the deception right. Lol :)

Thanks a lot for your words of encouragement.

Cheers
Lefty

Zendagi Migzara said...

I had already seen the pic before reading the post,so the cat was already out of the bag. Let not your girl read this... She will swear with jealousy. Quiteromantic though...

What more can I say... The Violin seems to have got lucky!!

Keep writing.....

lefty84 said...

@ Sheena: Thanks a lot yaar! Should have created a dynamic page wherein the image gets loaded after reading through. That would have made it better.
I am lucky to have her - the violin in my life

Cheers
Lefty

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
 
Creative Commons License
Srini Speaks by Srinivasan R is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.