Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mysore Diaries - Part I

A few funny incidents from my training days at Mysore

Scene 1: On the first day of Induction.
I had given my father's name as first name and mine as the last name by mistake during my interview. Hence I wanted to request the HR to correct the same. Just after the first hour I went out to meet the HR during the tea break. I was accompanied as usual by my gang of friends.
I was a touch nervous and I approached her and introduced myself. ‘Good Morning ma’am. I am a new joinee and I need a small help’.As I said this she was moving back while facing me. I perhaps thought that she wanted to move around to a corner before starting the discussion. Hence I kept moving forward. Suddenly she stood still and told me “Now please stop there and tell me what you want”.
And the entire gang let out a huge yell and started laughing loudly in the background. I was extremely embarrassed and she asked me to come to her cube and meet her.
The first thing she told me as I went there to her cube is that I am not in college and need to behave professionally. (What a first day!)

Scene 2: Three days after induction – In the washing machine room in the campus
My friends and I were washing our clothes and we were waiting for the drier to be free. A girl who had put her clothes in drier was so deeply immersed in a novel that she didn’t notice that the timer had come to zero.
We waited for a few minutes for her to remove her clothes from the drier. It didn’t help.
Hence I went near her to make a request.
“Excuse me ma’am will you please remove your clothes fr..” and bang came the yell and laughter again even before I could complete the sentence. Now this became very serious and she shot a nasty look at me. I slowly completed the sentence saying “from the drier”.
Sweat started dripping from my whole body and I was sure I’ll be the first case in ASHI (Anti Sexual Harassment Initiative) in the company.
Those two minutes seemed eternal and words simply failed to come from my mouth.
Luckily she understood the situation, let a laugh and left the place.

Though I was the victim on both the occasions, we all had a hearty laugh over it after some time.

P.S - The training that I had in Mysore holds a special place in my life and I had loads of fun while learning. I felt as if I had re-lived those moments again when I wrote this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

somotimes small incidents leave a beautiful impact in our lives and they become a reason to show your 32 pearls everytime you think of them...lovely incidents..i wish i could be there and join the laughter gang..
ok anyways i am not letting the chance go...

hoohohohhohohhoohohhohahaahaahahhhaahhaahhehhehheehhehhhhuhhuuhuhhuhuhhuhahhahaahahahahaahaaaa phew!
hheehhe hhhahahaah huhuhuhu hheheeehhaahahahaah ;)
i am sure it will help...
a real funny incident i must say
and i cant even say which incident is better..:)

lefty84 said...

Thanks Appu!
It was intended to invoke pearls of laughter and I am sure it did so guessing from your reaction :-)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
 
Creative Commons License
Srini Speaks by Srinivasan R is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.