Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Stress Interview- who got stressed in the end?

The following conversation is a part of actual stress interview of one company...

Interviewer: Good Morning! Please take your seat.
Candidate: Thank you! Good Morning.
I : I say you are a Joker! (He laughs out saying this..) You look like a circus clown in this dress of yours. ( Ha ha..laughs again loudly).
C : I decided this dress of mine as I wanted to look like a ring master who controls chimpanzies..Thought that would be most appropriate for this inerview.
I: Do you mean to say that I look like a chimpanzee? (Slight frown in face...)
C: Sorry Sir. I do not comment on other people's appearance..Can get you a mirror though if you want one. You can decide.
I: (slightly agitated by the reply).. Ok. Lets get going.
I: Looking at your mark sheets, I guess you could have done better in your academics..
C: (Immediately snatches the marksheets from the Interviewer)..Hmm..Yes Could have done better (with a slight frown)
I: May I know the reason for your poor performance?
C: Actually I was doing a research on how much time one needs and how much one needs to write to just pass the exams. So I had to test the different permutations myself in my exams..
I: So what is the result that you have come up with after your research? ( Bit of sarcasm in his voice..)
C: I understood after writing 2 semesters that its actually dependent on the following factors also:
a) Level of stupidity and mathematical ability of the correcting person.
b) Level of complexity involved in the answer.
I: So....
C: The research is stil in progress..One of my friends has just joined as lecturer. So will take data from his correcting pattern..
I : Why is it that you are particular to join our company? Why not A or B or C?
C: As a matter of fact, I did attend the interviews of A,B and C companies. I could not clear them. Why the hell should I sit here otherwise?
I: Now tell me why should I select you for my company ahead of others?
C: Oh..So sad that you are not even able to figure of this..I guess if you can give me an oppurtunity to meet the other candidates too, I'll be able to give you an answer.
I: I guess you're crossing your limits. (With anger..)
C: On the contrary I feel you do not have a clarity over why you need to select a person and what you expect from that person..
I: Now I say you get lost before I throw you out..( Frowning in anger)
C: Relax dude! You neither have the physical power to throw me out of this room, nor the mental power to throw me out of competition.
C:Its a pity that you are heading the recruitment operation for your firm...Bye and have a nice day..

(You can decide if its a fictional work or if its an intercept from an actual interview..)
Bouquets and brickbats are welcome..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing is not a word,, marvelous interview..i will take it as fiction..
coz learning something from it and preparing for interviews,
well i suddenly remembered my validity of bravery and risk taking ability is over..
but hilarious it was. good going.. :)

lefty84 said...

@ girl next door - thanks for your comment. And it was not entirely fiction. Part of it was from real stress interview.

Anonymous said...

oh ok.. but really well written,, and i wonder if we can actually talk like that to the interviewer and get placed,, :)

lefty84 said...

@girl next door - that depends to a large extent on the interviewer's state of mind. If he can stand counter attack. A friend of mine got placed using a similar strategy in an IT firm. Don't ask the name though.

Anonymous said...

hey that is great.. i wont ask the name.. what's in a name anyways..
oh and it is impressive.. let me give it a shot in one of the interviews.. :)
hope i get placed too.. :)

lefty84 said...

@ girl next door - all the best for your interview..and don't try this kinda response unless u r in a stress interview. And let me know if you need any help for your preparation. I can do so in any little way that i can :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
 
Creative Commons License
Srini Speaks by Srinivasan R is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.