Thursday, June 28, 2007

A date with Bad Luck

Woke up early morning at 6 to attend my violin class.
Rushed up there only to know that class was canceled.
Went to a bike shop to test drive a bike.
The nearby road was muddy and stagnated with water.
Ended up skidding and falling on the road.. :(
Got drenched on the road + bruises in my leg and hands.
Broke the bike's indicator and ended up paying for damage.
Came back home! Had a dress change and rushed to office.
Only to get drenched in rain this time on my way! (That too in Chennai!)
Finally managed to reach office only by 10.45
Had to write test cases for new requirements (Yes I am playing a devil's advocate)
Could not decipher anything from the requirements doc.
Had to test for a couple of scenarios.
The server was down for maintenance the entire day.
Had a status call at 8.30 in the night.Just before I could join, system got hung.
Oops the passcode was in my pc.
Hurriedly scrambled for my bag as I had passcode present in my note.
Only to find that I had left the note back at home.
Restarted the PC, looked in and got the Passcode, but by the time I joined the call was almost over.
Wanted to leave by the 9 cab. Got a mail asking for some details at 8.55.
Completed that task by 9.30. Desperately wanted to end the day.Caught the 10 cab.
Got stuck in traffic. Reached home only by 11.40 p.m
I just wanted to drop in my bed. And had one last surprise in store at home!
Power cut till 2 am in our area.Could not have asked for more :(
What a date it turned out to be ;-)
Looking back it brought a smile in my face.
At times when things don't go your way they don't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Unnai nambi evan da vandi koduthathu. Another thing for me worry about on chennai roads

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
 
Creative Commons License
Srini Speaks by Srinivasan R is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.