Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love you Mom!

I dedicate this post to my mother. Its a small tribute to the love and affection that she has showered me with all my life

Love you mom

You went through pain that’s nearly half death

And brought me onto this beautiful earth

It’s funny when they called it my birth

For in reality it was your second birth!

You gave me space in your womb

And handled my kicks aplomb

Shared your food and your body

And protected me by being sturdy

I became your life ever since I was born

It seemed as if your soul was torn

At times you looked careworn

But with my every little smile and giggle you were re-born

Speechless you became when I spoke my first word

And ecstatic you were, when I took my first step

Pride I could read in your gleaming eyes

With every little victory that I had in my vies

Whether it was prize or fear or tears that I had

I would run to your arms and cuddle you tight

It’s like a Sun that goes beneath the mountains for rest

Or the birds that fly back home to their nest

Grown up now Iam, that for you I don’t have time

I keep running around the clock for the little dime

Its emails, calls, conferences and meetings

Or sms, chats and friendly datings

Frustrated when Iam, I throw up a taunt

But my happiness and well being is all that you want

You bury up your emotions and put up a smile

And once I leave home you pray for me all while

My ignorance is shed and I’ve understood your plight

That its not just old age but loneliness you fight

I run across to you and lie in your lap

I weep and cry and take a short nap

Nothing I do to you can repay your love

For it’s simply eternal and pure

I just pray to god to give me another birth

Where I can be the mother and you my child…

http://sheenasimran.blogspot.com/2008/03/thnaks-for-being-there-mom.html

5 comments:

scintilla said...

Wow...amazing...touching... i'm short of words!

It has the power to bring tears to the reader. It's...it's just...beautiful!! :D

Keep writing! :)

lefty84 said...

@i'm_alive- Thanks for your comment.

Anonymous said...

really sri..it is superb.. especially the bit of realization really touched me...
god bless you for this post..

read it out to your mom..

trust me ..her reaction will b pricelesss..!!

lefty84 said...

@ Girl Next door: Thanks! I wanted to give it to my mom on her b'day. But funny at times I could complete it only a day after her b'day :(
I still haven't showed it to her. Because somehow I felt that I don't need to define or state my love for her which she truly understands.
Will read it to her and let you know her reaction.

Cheers
Lefty

Anonymous said...

go ahead dude..what are you waiting for..the song and the poem....man! your mom is gonna be on top of the world.really..

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
 
Creative Commons License
Srini Speaks by Srinivasan R is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.